Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Blogging 2.0

Blogging 2.0

I started this blog once, quite a while ago, for all the wrong reasons. Blogging was what the “cool” pastors were doing. Blogging was the window into the tech generation’s soul. Blogging was a means to relevance. It seemed that my attempts at blogging were like my attempts to keep the law – futile and frustrating. Blogging, for me, began like a 4th of July firecracker, a big boom and very little substance after the flash…

I would like to begin to blog again, but with a different motivation and goal. Words are a gift and stewardship from God. Words can make a difference, words can heal, words can bring enjoyment, words can touch us deeply… Words can be used to share, to highlight, to celebrate the grace and goodness of God. God is good and gracious in a plethora of ways – some that we might not think are very “spiritual” or “pastoral”. I want to use this blog as a commentary on the life God has given to me, but I want to comment as I view it through the lens of God’s grace.

This blog may be theological at times, it may be related to my pastoral ministry, it may be very personal and, at times, just plain goofy like its author…  but, hopefully it will ooze the grace of God that still confounds and amazes me. You will hear about my love of family, of ministry, of God’s Word, of Ohio State athletics (see the comment above about “spiritual” and “pastoral”), Mountain Dew and other of life’s great joys. You will hear about what fires me up, what brings me down, and gives me joy – but, hopefully, it will always come through a pen that is dripping with God’s grace. At times, I hope to share what I am reading and how it stimulating me to think. I will be opinionated – but hopefully, always influenced by grace. (Sensing a theme yet???!)


Thanks for joining me on this journey of grace. I welcome your interaction and invite your dialogue… 

No comments:

Post a Comment